Thank you for your interest in participating in the Somerville Saint Patrick Parade. We are very proud of the diversity of units in our parade and we enjoy seeing all the local community groups participate. Commercial entries are limited to our sponsors. Our private committee of volunteers has the final say on what will be allowed. Please fill out the contact form below to get started.
FIRE DEPARTMENTS, EMS GROUPS, AND FIRST AID AND RESCUE GROUPS
USE OF AUDIBLE DEVICES DURING PARADE ROUTE (SIRENS, AIR HORNS, ELECTRIC HORNS) ARE NOT PERMITTED. FORM BELOW MUST BE SIGNED AND RETURNED IN ORDER TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION TO MARCH.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST DOWNLOAD FILE AND SAVE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER IN ORDER TO SUBMIT*
DOWNLOAD FORM | SEND COMPLETED FORM
In consideration of the acceptance by the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee of the entry of the undersigned in the St. Patrick’s Parade in the Borough of Somerville, the undersigned does hereby release and forever discharge the said St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, the Borough of Somerville and their officers, representatives, successors or assigns of and from all manner of actions, and action, causes, and cause of action, suits, debts, trespass, damages and injuries which may be sustained to equipment or personnel as a result of it’s participation in activities in conjunction with the Somerville St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the Borough of Somerville and does hereby further covenant and agree to hold harmless and defend, to indemnify and keep indemnified the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee and Borough of Somerville its successors, or assigns and to hold and save them harmless from and against all claims and damages whatsoever as a result of said participation.
1. You must register in advance. No “walk-ons” please! Email Ken Greig firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the form or go to our website at SomervilleSaintPatricksParade.com. It is our plan to have rough lineup positions available to you via our website and other communication means during March. The final lineup will be posted on the website a few days prior to the parade date.
2. THE PARADE COMMITTEE HAS THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION TO ANY GROUP THAT DESIRES TO MARCH IN THE PARADE AND VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN BEING DENIED THE RIGHT TO MARCH IN THE PARADE.
3. Late arrivals will form the last division as well as any participants who did not register if permitted to March in the parade.
4. No buses or cars will be permitted to park on streets used to line up the parade units ( Marshaling Area ). All transportation units (buses, vans, etc. ) are not permitted in the line of march. The transportation buses/vans will discharge passengers at assigned locations and proceed to a designated parking area at the end of the parade route ( West End Avenue ).
5. Drilling will be permitted only in a forward motion in the line of march.
6. Intoxication or disorderly conduct in the line of march will NOT be permitted7. For safety reasons, THE THROWING OF CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS FROM THE FLOATS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. This rule will be enforced and violators will be requested to pull out of the Parade. Candy, etc. may be HANDED OUT AT CURB SIDE ONLY.
8. THE SOUNDING OF SIRENS OR AIR HORNS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AND ANY UNIT THAT VIOLATES THIS RULE WILL BE BARRED FROM FUTURE PARADES.
9. Bands MUST play entire length of parade ( since the route is so short ) and all Marching Units MUST perform in front of the reviewing stand at Davenport Street. Marchers are to stay in formation and perform to the end of the parade at Immaculate Conception School. Units can disperse at ICS Church Parking Lot.
10. No political statements or banners of any kind will be permitted.
11. Units with animals in their group must provide their own sanitary engineers to clean up wherever the animals may have been present. ( Staging area and line of march )